New York News
1 dead in collision of bus, motorcycle in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An MTA bus collided with a motorcycle in Queens early Tuesday morning, killing the motorcycle rider.
It happened just after 1 a.m. at the intersection of Springfield Boulevard and Union Turnpike.
Police say the rider of the motorcycle, 21-year old Mauricio Galdamez of Queens, was heading eastbound on Union Turnpike when he went through a red light, hitting the bus near the left driver side window as it entered the intersection.
Galdamez was taken to Long Island Jewish Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
There were no other injuries.
new york city, queens, accident, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach 8 min ago
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials 27 min ago
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil Robertson's hiatus 34 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall