New York News
Girl killed by tractor-trailer on Upper East Side
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A teenage girl was struck and killed by a tractor-trailer Wednesday night on the Upper East Side.
16-year old Renee Thompson of the Bronx was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the 19-wheel tractor trailer was turning into Third Avenue from East 60th Street when it struck the girl as she was crossing the avenue.
No charges were filed against the driver.
new york city, upper east side, accident, new york news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos