New York News
Girl killed by tractor-trailer on Upper East Side
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A teenage girl was struck and killed by a tractor-trailer Wednesday night on the Upper East Side.
16-year old Renee Thompson of the Bronx was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the 19-wheel tractor trailer was turning into Third Avenue from East 60th Street when it struck the girl as she was crossing the avenue.
No charges were filed against the driver.
new york city, upper east side, accident, new york news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 20 min ago
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos