New York News
Robbery suspect targeting elderly in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The search is on for a man who has pulled off nearly a dozen robberies in Brooklyn, with many of the victims in their 60's and 70's.
The robberies have all occurred over the past three weeks.
In each of the 11 incidents, polce say the suspect approaches elderly victims, displays a silver firearm and demands the victim's jewelry.
The oldest of the victims was 78 years old.
Investigators have released a surveillance photo of the suspect, who is described as a black male, with a light complexion, approximately 18-25 years-old, 5'2"- 5'5", 150 lbs., with a slim build and was seen wearing a light colored baseball hat.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at http://WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577. All calls are strictly confidential.
new york city, brooklyn, robbery, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos