New York News
2 arrested in shooting of 10-year old in Queens
FAR ROCKAWAY (WABC) -- Two men have been arrested in connection with the shooting of a 10-year old girl hit by a stray bullet Saturday morning in Queens.
Brianna Palmer was walking with her mother around 1:30 a.m. when bullets started flying in the courtyard of the Piknfern Apartments on Dix Avenue in Far Rockaway.
Police say she was caught in the crossfire of two men firing shots at two other men.
On Tuesday police arrested 21-year old Lenard Crudup and 18-year Weldon Waitres on several charges, including attempted murder, assault, criminal possession of a weapon, and reckless endangerment.
"I heard three shots exactly, it's getting worse and worse," said Far Rockaway resident, Daphne Ducrepin.
Quintina Portlock says her daughter and granddaughter were walking the friend back home when she was shot in the hip. She ran out afterwards to find the gunman fleeing and Brianna covered in blood.
"It went straight through and came out," said Portlock.
"My prayers are with that little girl and her family," said Far Rockaway resident Lissette Stennett.
new york city, queens, shooting, child shot, new york news, darla miles
- At least 2 dead, 28 hurt in East Harlem explosion 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 32 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination