New York News
2 arrested in shooting of 10-year old in Queens
FAR ROCKAWAY (WABC) -- Two men have been arrested in connection with the shooting of a 10-year old girl hit by a stray bullet Saturday morning in Queens.
Brianna Palmer was walking with her mother around 1:30 a.m. when bullets started flying in the courtyard of the Piknfern Apartments on Dix Avenue in Far Rockaway.
Police say she was caught in the crossfire of two men firing shots at two other men.
On Tuesday police arrested 21-year old Lenard Crudup and 18-year Weldon Waitres on several charges, including attempted murder, assault, criminal possession of a weapon, and reckless endangerment.
"I heard three shots exactly, it's getting worse and worse," said Far Rockaway resident, Daphne Ducrepin.
Quintina Portlock says her daughter and granddaughter were walking the friend back home when she was shot in the hip. She ran out afterwards to find the gunman fleeing and Brianna covered in blood.
"It went straight through and came out," said Portlock.
"My prayers are with that little girl and her family," said Far Rockaway resident Lissette Stennett.
new york city, queens, shooting, child shot, new york news, darla miles
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 9 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
9 min ago