New York News
2 arrested in shooting of 10-year old in Queens
FAR ROCKAWAY (WABC) -- Two men have been arrested in connection with the shooting of a 10-year old girl hit by a stray bullet Saturday morning in Queens.
Brianna Palmer was walking with her mother around 1:30 a.m. when bullets started flying in the courtyard of the Piknfern Apartments on Dix Avenue in Far Rockaway.
Police say she was caught in the crossfire of two men firing shots at two other men.
On Tuesday police arrested 21-year old Lenard Crudup and 18-year Weldon Waitres on several charges, including attempted murder, assault, criminal possession of a weapon, and reckless endangerment.
"I heard three shots exactly, it's getting worse and worse," said Far Rockaway resident, Daphne Ducrepin.
Quintina Portlock says her daughter and granddaughter were walking the friend back home when she was shot in the hip. She ran out afterwards to find the gunman fleeing and Brianna covered in blood.
"It went straight through and came out," said Portlock.
"My prayers are with that little girl and her family," said Far Rockaway resident Lissette Stennett.
new york city, queens, shooting, child shot, new york news, darla miles
- Woman shot to death in Queens domestic dispute 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 53 min ago
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son 8 min ago
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists to protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
53 min ago