New York News
Police hunt for driver in deadly Queens hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Queens have released new video to help locate the person responsible for a deadly hit and run.
Investigators are trying to find a Volkswage GTI two door sedan.
They believe the car hit and killed a man who was found bleeding and unconscious at 230 Place and Lansing Avenue in Brookville Thursday morning.
The car has a damaged bumper, headlight and windshield.
Police think the victim may have been hit somewhere else, and his body then dumped where it was found.
He has been identified as 35-year old Jose Padilla-Argueta of Brooklyn.
The car was last seen heading east on Sunrise Highway.
Anyone with information in regards to the hit and run is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at http://WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting their tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, hit and run accident, queens, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 28 hurt in East Harlem explosion 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 55 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination