New York News
Police hunt for driver in deadly Queens hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Queens have released new video to help locate the person responsible for a deadly hit and run.
Investigators are trying to find a Volkswage GTI two door sedan.
They believe the car hit and killed a man who was found bleeding and unconscious at 230 Place and Lansing Avenue in Brookville Thursday morning.
The car has a damaged bumper, headlight and windshield.
Police think the victim may have been hit somewhere else, and his body then dumped where it was found.
He has been identified as 35-year old Jose Padilla-Argueta of Brooklyn.
The car was last seen heading east on Sunrise Highway.
Anyone with information in regards to the hit and run is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at http://WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting their tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, hit and run accident, queens, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 5 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
5 min ago