New York News
Police hunt for driver in deadly Queens hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Queens have released new video to help locate the person responsible for a deadly hit and run.
Investigators are trying to find a Volkswage GTI two door sedan.
They believe the car hit and killed a man who was found bleeding and unconscious at 230 Place and Lansing Avenue in Brookville Thursday morning.
The car has a damaged bumper, headlight and windshield.
Police think the victim may have been hit somewhere else, and his body then dumped where it was found.
He has been identified as 35-year old Jose Padilla-Argueta of Brooklyn.
The car was last seen heading east on Sunrise Highway.
Anyone with information in regards to the hit and run is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at http://WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting their tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, hit and run accident, queens, new york news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos