New York News
Police hunt for driver in deadly Queens hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Queens have released new video to help locate the person responsible for a deadly hit and run.
Investigators are trying to find a Volkswage GTI two door sedan.
They believe the car hit and killed a man who was found bleeding and unconscious at 230 Place and Lansing Avenue in Brookville Thursday morning.
The car has a damaged bumper, headlight and windshield.
Police think the victim may have been hit somewhere else, and his body then dumped where it was found.
He has been identified as 35-year old Jose Padilla-Argueta of Brooklyn.
The car was last seen heading east on Sunrise Highway.
Anyone with information in regards to the hit and run is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at http://WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting their tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, hit and run accident, queens, new york news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming 42 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 55 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 53 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions 52 min ago
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest 53 min ago
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
53 min ago
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega...
52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup...
42 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos