New York News
2 teens killed when car hits train station pillar in Far Rockaway
NEW YORK -- Two teenage boys have been killed after a car they were riding in smashed into the cement support pillar of an elevated train station in Queens.
Police say the 15-year-old male front passenger was declared dead at the scene after the 3 a.m. accident.
They say the 14-year-old male rear passenger was transported to Jamaica Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police say charges are pending against the 19-year-old male who was driving the 2009 Toyota Corolla. Police say he was driving west on the Rockaway Freeway when the accident occurred.
Police did not release the names of the victims.
new york city, jamaica, accident, new york news
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 42 min ago
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad 7 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Bloomberg rides 7 train to station he helped build 21 min ago
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos