New York News
Man under arrest after allegedly raping woman near Lincoln Tunnel
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man is under arrest for allegedly raping a woman near the Lincoln Tunnel.
52-year-old Joseph Johnson is charged with rape, menacing, and performing a criminal sex act.
On Saturday morning, a woman told officers at the Port Authority Bus Terminal that she had been raped about a block away from the tunnel. Not long after, Port Authority Police found and arrested Johnson, who is believed to be homeless.
The woman was treated at the hospital.
new york city, lincoln tunnel, port authority bus terminal, rape, new york news
- Large explosion, fire in East Harlem; at least 11 hurt 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live! 30 min ago
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 16 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25