New York News
More crimes linked to robber targeting Brooklyn seniors
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Authorites have linked 3 more robberies and released new surveillance video of a man wanted for a string of robberies in Brooklyn. Many of the victims in their 60's and 70's.
The robberies have all occurred over the past three weeks.
In each of the 14 incidents, police say the suspect approaches mainly senior citizens, displays a silver firearm and demands the victim's jewelry.
The oldest of the victims was 78 years old.
The most recent occurred last Wednesday, July 30. Within the span of 90 minutes, the suspect robbed a 70-year-old man and two others in their 50s.
Those robberies occurred at 488 Rockaway Parkway, 542 E. 81 Street and 597 E. 95 Street.
Investigators released surveillance video of the suspect from the robbery on Rockaway Parkway (click here to watch the video).
Investigators have described the suspect as a black male, with a light complexion, approximately 18-25 years-old, 5'2"- 5'5", 150 lbs., with a slim build and was seen wearing a light colored baseball hat.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at http://WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577. All calls are strictly confidential.
new york city, brooklyn, robbery, new york news
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Much Colder 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
5 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos