New York News
Man charged for selling drugs out of Ice Cream truck in Brooklyn
NEW YORK -- Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes says a man has been arrested on charges he sold drugs out of his ice cream truck.
Minas Gatas was arrested after a sting operation on Monday evening. He was arraigned Tuesday.
Prosecutors say undercover officers made two drug buys, including an $830 cocaine purchase.
At the time, the truck was parked at Owls Head Pier on the waterfront north of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.
The undercover asked for a vanilla ice cream cone.
Gatas was arraigned Tuesday. A message left for his lawyer was not immediately returned.
Prosecutors say during the two-month sting operation, detectives also bought drugs from a deli where Gatas worked.
The ice cream truck was an independent operation, not affiliated with any well-known company.
new york city, new york news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014