New York News
Man charged for selling drugs out of Ice Cream truck in Brooklyn
NEW YORK -- Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes says a man has been arrested on charges he sold drugs out of his ice cream truck.
Minas Gatas was arrested after a sting operation on Monday evening. He was arraigned Tuesday.
Prosecutors say undercover officers made two drug buys, including an $830 cocaine purchase.
At the time, the truck was parked at Owls Head Pier on the waterfront north of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.
The undercover asked for a vanilla ice cream cone.
Gatas was arraigned Tuesday. A message left for his lawyer was not immediately returned.
Prosecutors say during the two-month sting operation, detectives also bought drugs from a deli where Gatas worked.
The ice cream truck was an independent operation, not affiliated with any well-known company.
new york city, new york news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 53 min ago
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 17 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
17 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
36 min ago