New York News
Man charged for selling drugs out of Ice Cream truck in Brooklyn
NEW YORK -- Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes says a man has been arrested on charges he sold drugs out of his ice cream truck.
Minas Gatas was arrested after a sting operation on Monday evening. He was arraigned Tuesday.
Prosecutors say undercover officers made two drug buys, including an $830 cocaine purchase.
At the time, the truck was parked at Owls Head Pier on the waterfront north of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.
The undercover asked for a vanilla ice cream cone.
Gatas was arraigned Tuesday. A message left for his lawyer was not immediately returned.
Prosecutors say during the two-month sting operation, detectives also bought drugs from a deli where Gatas worked.
The ice cream truck was an independent operation, not affiliated with any well-known company.
new york city, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees