New York News
1 dead in horrific East Flatbush crash
NEW YORK (WABC) -- One person was killed in a horrific accident in Brooklyn early Wednesday.
The crash happened on Utica Avenue between Clarendon Road and Beverly Road in East Flatbush just after 4 a.m.
A silver convertible traveling north on Utica Avenue lost control and slammed a utility pole and two parked cars.
The driver, a 23-year-old man, was rushed to Kings County Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Debris littered the roadway, and the police investigation was ongoing. Police say the vehicle was travelling at a high rate of speed.
Utica Avenue was shut down in both directions.
new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, accident, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
40 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos