New York News
1 dead in horrific East Flatbush crash
NEW YORK (WABC) -- One person was killed in a horrific accident in Brooklyn early Wednesday.
The crash happened on Utica Avenue between Clarendon Road and Beverly Road in East Flatbush just after 4 a.m.
A silver convertible traveling north on Utica Avenue lost control and slammed a utility pole and two parked cars.
The driver, a 23-year-old man, was rushed to Kings County Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Debris littered the roadway, and the police investigation was ongoing. Police say the vehicle was travelling at a high rate of speed.
Utica Avenue was shut down in both directions.
new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, accident, new york news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter 48 min ago
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal
- Greenwich Village fatal bus-truck suspect due in court 37 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 54 min ago
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building 33 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos