New York News
Reputed gang member charged in shooting of 10-year-old girl in Queens
FAR ROCKAWAY (WABC) -- Authorities have charged a reputed gang member in the stray-bullet wounding of a 10-year-old girl.
Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown says a criminal complaint charges Lenard Crudup with assault, illegal weapon possession, reckless endangerment and child endangerment.
Investigators say Crudup fired several shots into the front courtyard of the privately owned Dix McBride Apartments in Far Rockaway this past weekend and wounding ten-year-old Brianna Palmer. at 1 a.m. Saturday.
One of the bullets hit Palmer above the hip. She was treated at a hospital.
The prosecutor says the 21-year-old Crudup is a Far Rockaway resident and a reputed member of the Rowdy Gang.
Brown says police recovered two .380 caliber casings and one fired bullet from the scene of the shooting.
new york city, queens, shooting, child shot, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster 8 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
8 min ago