New York News
Reputed gang member charged in shooting of 10-year-old girl in Queens
FAR ROCKAWAY (WABC) -- Authorities have charged a reputed gang member in the stray-bullet wounding of a 10-year-old girl.
Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown says a criminal complaint charges Lenard Crudup with assault, illegal weapon possession, reckless endangerment and child endangerment.
Investigators say Crudup fired several shots into the front courtyard of the privately owned Dix McBride Apartments in Far Rockaway this past weekend and wounding ten-year-old Brianna Palmer. at 1 a.m. Saturday.
One of the bullets hit Palmer above the hip. She was treated at a hospital.
The prosecutor says the 21-year-old Crudup is a Far Rockaway resident and a reputed member of the Rowdy Gang.
Brown says police recovered two .380 caliber casings and one fired bullet from the scene of the shooting.
new york city, queens, shooting, child shot, new york news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance 6 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area 18 min ago
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 43 min ago
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year 24 min ago
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen