New York News
Man fatally struck by MTA bus in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating the death of a man who was hit and killed by an MTA bus in Queens late Sunday.
The crash happened just before midnight on Rockaway Boulevard near 1st Street in Rosedale.
Investigators say the bus was traveling northbound on Rockaway Boulevard when it struck 65-year-old Kenneth Yard.
Yard was rushed to Jamaica Hospital, where he died.
Police say Yard was attempting to cross Rockaway Boulevard when he was struck by the bus.
The bus driver remained on the scene.
The investigation is ongoing.
new york city, rosedale, queens, pedestrian struck, new york news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park