New York News
Man fatally struck by MTA bus in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating the death of a man who was hit and killed by an MTA bus in Queens late Sunday.
The crash happened just before midnight on Rockaway Boulevard near 1st Street in Rosedale.
Investigators say the bus was traveling northbound on Rockaway Boulevard when it struck 65-year-old Kenneth Yard.
Yard was rushed to Jamaica Hospital, where he died.
Police say Yard was attempting to cross Rockaway Boulevard when he was struck by the bus.
The bus driver remained on the scene.
The investigation is ongoing.
new york city, rosedale, queens, pedestrian struck, new york news
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 39 min ago
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents 41 min ago
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head 40 min ago
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
39 min ago