New York News
Robber threatens to take Staten Island woman's child
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police on Staten Island are looking for help identifying a man who pulled a knife on a woman and threatened her daughter.
The NYPD has released a blurry picture that authorities hope will help identify him.
The incident happened at a bus stop on Forest Avenue on Sunday, August 11, just before 11 p.m.
Police say the man put a knife up to the 41-year-old woman's back and threatened to take her 4-year-old daughter if she didn't give up her bag, which she did.
The suspect then fled on foot towards Barrett Avenue.
No injuries were reported.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 30 years old, standing about 5-foot-5 and weighing about 200 pounds with a stocky build. He was last seen wearing a baseball cap, black T-shirt, black and white sneakers and gray shorts.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, staten island, robbery, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 21 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 55 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 39 min ago
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 38 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 36 min ago
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 55 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
55 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
36 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
21 min ago