New York News
Staten Island camp counselor accused of child sex assault
STATEN ISLAND (WABC) -- A camp counselor on Staten Island has been charged with sexually assaulting a 10 year old girl on a bus.
Endrick Torres, 33, works with a traveling camp called Big Bird's Playhouse on Staten Island, according to sources.
Torres is accusing of sexually assaulting the girl while the campers were on a field trip on Tuesday, August 13.
The 10-year-old victim reported what happened to her mother after returning home. Her mom called police.
Torres was arrested on child sex assault charges on Wednesday and released on $15,000 bond. He is due back in court next week.
new york city, staten island, child sex assault, arrest, crime, new york news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card 7 min ago
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify 59 min ago
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 7 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 47 min ago