New York News
Harlem Week features NYC Children's Festival
HARLEM (WABC) -- Thousands of children celebrated the neighborhood of Harlem at HARLEM WEEK's annual NYC Children's Festival Saturday.
The event took place on West 135th Street between Lenox Avenue and A.C. Powell Jr. Boulevard in Manhattan.
The activities for kids included sports clinics, dance and vocal performances, a rock climbing wall, petting zoos, children's fashion shows, double dutch competitions, arts and crafts and more.
Former boxing world champions Mark Breland, Buddy McGirt, Juan LaPorte and Paulie Malignaggi were expected to be on hand to host boxing exercises throughout the day.
The NYC Children's Festival is presented by HARLEM WEEK, New York's annual month-long summer celebration of arts, culture, music, health, education, religion, family, entertainment, sports, and the history of Harlem.
HARLEM WEEK's NYC Children's Festival continues on Sunday.
This celebration of Harlem offers over 100 events throughout the months of July and August, attracting approximately 2 million attendees from all over New York and the world.
new york city, harlem, new york news
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- New measles cases confirmed in New York City 2 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos