New York News
Cyclones plan to rededicate Jackie Robinson statue
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- On Monday, the Brooklyn Cyclones plan to rededicate a statue of Jackie Robinson that was vandalized earlier this month.
Racial slurs were found scrawled on the statue of Robinson and fellow hall-of-famer Pee Wee Reese outside the Cyclones Stadium on Coney Island.
The Department of Parks has cleaned up the statue, and a ceremony will be held before Monday's game.
So far there have not been any arrests.
new york city, brooklyn, vandalism, jackie robinson, new york news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013