New York News
Cyclones plan to rededicate Jackie Robinson statue
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- On Monday, the Brooklyn Cyclones plan to rededicate a statue of Jackie Robinson that was vandalized earlier this month.
Racial slurs were found scrawled on the statue of Robinson and fellow hall-of-famer Pee Wee Reese outside the Cyclones Stadium on Coney Island.
The Department of Parks has cleaned up the statue, and a ceremony will be held before Monday's game.
So far there have not been any arrests.
new york city, brooklyn, vandalism, jackie robinson, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation