New York News
Cyclones plan to rededicate Jackie Robinson statue
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- On Monday, the Brooklyn Cyclones plan to rededicate a statue of Jackie Robinson that was vandalized earlier this month.
Racial slurs were found scrawled on the statue of Robinson and fellow hall-of-famer Pee Wee Reese outside the Cyclones Stadium on Coney Island.
The Department of Parks has cleaned up the statue, and a ceremony will be held before Monday's game.
So far there have not been any arrests.
new york city, brooklyn, vandalism, jackie robinson, new york news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance 26 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area 38 min ago
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year 44 min ago
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen