New York News
Ex-Queens teacher gets 6 months for sex with girl
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A former sixth-grade English teacher in New York City was sentenced Monday to six months in jail for statutory rape.
Daniel Reilly, 36, pleaded guilty to having sex with a former student at his home in Forest Hills, Queens.
Police say Reilly carried on a more than nine-month affair with the girl that began when she was 14 years old.
Reilly will be on probation for 10 years and will be required to register as a sex offender.
The victim's family had contacted the school after the girl's sister saw sexually explicit text messages on her phone.
Reilly taught at Intermediate School 237 in Flushing.
new york city, queens, flushing, forest hills, teacher arrested, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash