New York News
Ex-Queens teacher gets 6 months for sex with girl
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A former sixth-grade English teacher in New York City was sentenced Monday to six months in jail for statutory rape.
Daniel Reilly, 36, pleaded guilty to having sex with a former student at his home in Forest Hills, Queens.
Police say Reilly carried on a more than nine-month affair with the girl that began when she was 14 years old.
Reilly will be on probation for 10 years and will be required to register as a sex offender.
The victim's family had contacted the school after the girl's sister saw sexually explicit text messages on her phone.
Reilly taught at Intermediate School 237 in Flushing.
new york city, queens, flushing, forest hills, teacher arrested, new york news
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines