New York News
Masturbating bus passenger threatens Bronx woman with knife
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in the Bronx are searching for a man who threatened a woman with a knife after she caught him performing a sex act on a city bus.
The incident happened on July 9, just before 6 p.m., on the BX2 MTA bus.
Authorities released surveillance images of the man, taken on the bus in Morris Heights.
The 27-year-old woman, who was with her children, reportedly observed the man masturbating and asked him to stop. She then alerted the bus driver.
The suspect approached the victim and brandished a knife.
The woman struggled with the suspect and grabbed his hand to defend herself.
The suspect fled the bus as it stopped at East 171st Street and Grand Concourse.
There were no injuries sustained.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, bronx, morris heights, new york news
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- New measles cases confirmed in New York City 20 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos