New York News
Masturbating bus passenger threatens Bronx woman with knife
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in the Bronx are searching for a man who threatened a woman with a knife after she caught him performing a sex act on a city bus.
The incident happened on July 9, just before 6 p.m., on the BX2 MTA bus.
Authorities released surveillance images of the man, taken on the bus in Morris Heights.
The 27-year-old woman, who was with her children, reportedly observed the man masturbating and asked him to stop. She then alerted the bus driver.
The suspect approached the victim and brandished a knife.
The woman struggled with the suspect and grabbed his hand to defend herself.
The suspect fled the bus as it stopped at East 171st Street and Grand Concourse.
There were no injuries sustained.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, bronx, morris heights, new york news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review 37 min ago
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 45 min ago
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say 26 min ago
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million