New York News
Queens man accused of raping neighbor over years
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Queens woman was allegedly raped by her neighbor after he broke in to her home, and after an investigation, police believe this has been happening for years.
The 22-year-old woman awoke to the latest attack just after 5 a.m. on Wednesday, according to police.
Officials say the suspect climbed through a window, put a knife to her back and raped her.
But the victim fought back, hitting him with a remote control. Her father ran into the room and fought him until the man fled back out the window.
The neighbor, 30-year-old Andres Santana, was quickly arrested.
He was charged with rape, burglary, criminal mischief, and menacing
new york city, new york news
- 90-minute delays after LIRR service suspension 1 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians 4 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash...
52 min ago