New York News
Queens man accused of raping neighbor over years
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Queens woman was allegedly raped by her neighbor after he broke in to her home, and after an investigation, police believe this has been happening for years.
The 22-year-old woman awoke to the latest attack just after 5 a.m. on Wednesday, according to police.
Officials say the suspect climbed through a window, put a knife to her back and raped her.
But the victim fought back, hitting him with a remote control. Her father ran into the room and fought him until the man fled back out the window.
The neighbor, 30-year-old Andres Santana, was quickly arrested.
He was charged with rape, burglary, criminal mischief, and menacing
new york city, new york news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos