New York News
Queens man accused of raping neighbor over years
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Queens woman was allegedly raped by her neighbor after he broke in to her home, and after an investigation, police believe this has been happening for years.
The 22-year-old woman awoke to the latest attack just after 5 a.m. on Wednesday, according to police.
Officials say the suspect climbed through a window, put a knife to her back and raped her.
But the victim fought back, hitting him with a remote control. Her father ran into the room and fought him until the man fled back out the window.
The neighbor, 30-year-old Andres Santana, was quickly arrested.
He was charged with rape, burglary, criminal mischief, and menacing
new york city, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 39 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 58 min ago
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather 42 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
39 min ago