New York News
Family of Bronx bodega worker shot by cops to file lawsuit
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The family of a Bronx bodega worker killed by police is set to announce plans to fight the NYPD in court.
Twenty-year-old Reynaldo Cuevas died last September after he was shot by an officer while running out of his family's bodega during a robbery.
Cuevas' family is filing a wrongful death suit today against the city, the NYPD and the officer who fired the deadly shots.
Investigators say the officer's gun accidentally fired when the two collided.
No charges were filed against the officer, and the case never went to a grand jury.
new york city, new york news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children 56 min ago
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 55 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos