New York News
Family of Bronx bodega worker shot by cops to file lawsuit
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The family of a Bronx bodega worker killed by police is set to announce plans to fight the NYPD in court.
Twenty-year-old Reynaldo Cuevas died last September after he was shot by an officer while running out of his family's bodega during a robbery.
Cuevas' family is filing a wrongful death suit today against the city, the NYPD and the officer who fired the deadly shots.
Investigators say the officer's gun accidentally fired when the two collided.
No charges were filed against the officer, and the case never went to a grand jury.
new york city, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos