New York News
Man arrested in Bedford-Stuyvesant elevator robbery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have arrested a man they say robbed a woman after cornering her and eight children inside a Brooklyn elevator.
The incident happened around 2:30 p.m. Monday, August 12, on Fulton Street in Bedford-Stuyvesant.
Authorities say the suspect was holding what could be a gun in his right hand as he cornered the 39-year-old victim and the kids inside the elevator.
The suspect removed the woman's jewelry and fled on a bicycle.
Police say 36-year-old Oneil Borgella was taken into custody in connection with the robbery.
He is charged with first-degree robbery, second-degree menacing and acting in a manner that could injure a child under the age of 17.
Borgella is a Level 3 sex offender, with a past conviction for raping a 14-year-old girl in 1999.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, bedford-stuyvesant, brooklyn, robbery, new york news
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen