New York News
Garage fire spews smoke throughout United Nations in Midtown
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A garage fire at the United Nations in Midtown spewed smoke through the building early Friday.
The fire apparently started in an electrical panel in the basement garage just after 12:30 a.m.
Heavy smoke spread throughout the first floor of the building.
The flames were quickly put out, and there were no injuries.
The fire started in the panel that controls a freight elevator between the garage and first floor.
new york city, united nations, midtown, manhattan, fire, new york news
- London theatre roof collapses; Dozens injured 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- NYC 's smoking ban to include e-cigarettes 32 min ago
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos