New York News
Woman charged with murder in East Harlem shooting
NEW YORK -- A 34-year-old woman has been charged with murder in the shooting of another woman outside a New York City public housing complex where five mayoral candidates had recently spent a night.
Prosecutors say Michele Graham shot 23-year-old Olivia Brown outside the Lincoln Houses in East Harlem on July 23.
Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. said Thursday that Graham has been indicted on charges of second-degree murder and criminal possession of a weapon.
Democratic candidates Bill de Blasio, John Liu, Christine Quinn, Bill Thompson and Anthony Weiner had a sleepover with different families in the Lincoln Houses a few days before the shooting. They were there to examine mold, holes in walls and other issues.
A lawyer for Graham did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
new york city, east harlem, shooting, new york news
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken 43 min ago
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 6 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog 14 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 55 min ago
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay 13 min ago
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
18 min ago