New York News
Woman charged with murder in East Harlem shooting
NEW YORK -- A 34-year-old woman has been charged with murder in the shooting of another woman outside a New York City public housing complex where five mayoral candidates had recently spent a night.
Prosecutors say Michele Graham shot 23-year-old Olivia Brown outside the Lincoln Houses in East Harlem on July 23.
Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. said Thursday that Graham has been indicted on charges of second-degree murder and criminal possession of a weapon.
Democratic candidates Bill de Blasio, John Liu, Christine Quinn, Bill Thompson and Anthony Weiner had a sleepover with different families in the Lincoln Houses a few days before the shooting. They were there to examine mold, holes in walls and other issues.
A lawyer for Graham did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
new york city, east harlem, shooting, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader hit and killed by truck, driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials 33 min ago
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus 5 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall