New York News
Boy riding bike struck by MTA bus in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An 11-year-old boy was seriously hurt after when he was hit by an MTA bus in Brooklyn.
The incident happened at the intersection of Crescent Street and Welden Street in Cypress Hills about 5:15 p.m. Sunday.
The boy, who was riding his bide at the time, was rushed to Brookdale Hospital. He is listed in serious condition at New York Presbyterian Columbia Hospital, and he is expected to survive.
He was identified as Syncire Nickens.
Police did not file any charges, and no criminality is suspected.
new york city, brooklyn, cypress hills, bus accident, new york news
- Snow Alert issued in NYC for Tuesday 31 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Multiple people injured in Toms River bus accident 7 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl 27 min ago
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims 8 min ago
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Snow Alert issued in NYC for Tuesday
31 min ago