New York News
Alec Baldwin and photog get in 'scuffle' in East Village
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Actor Alec Baldwin and a photographer got into a scuffle outside his East Village apartment building but both sides decided to walk away without filing charges.
Baldwin and the photographer began shoving following an exchange of words at around 12:25 p.m. this afternoon, near the intersection of East 10th Street and University Place according to authorities.
Baldwin was with his wife Hilaria, who just gave birth to their first child last week. Baldwin allegedly felt the photographer got too close to him.
As she walked into a nearby tea store to avoid the escalating dispute, Baldwin and the photographer got into what police described as a "slight shoving match."
Photographs taken by another person showed Baldwin using both hands to hold the photographer against the top of a parked car.
Neither was injured in the scuffle.
Police responded, and both sides ultimately decided not to file charges against each other. No police reports were filed.
Baldwin used Twitter last week to "announce the birth of our daughter Carmen Gabriela."
new york city, alec baldwin, new york news
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos