New York News
Alec Baldwin and photog get in 'scuffle' in East Village
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Actor Alec Baldwin and a photographer got into a scuffle outside his East Village apartment building but both sides decided to walk away without filing charges.
Baldwin and the photographer began shoving following an exchange of words at around 12:25 p.m. this afternoon, near the intersection of East 10th Street and University Place according to authorities.
Baldwin was with his wife Hilaria, who just gave birth to their first child last week. Baldwin allegedly felt the photographer got too close to him.
As she walked into a nearby tea store to avoid the escalating dispute, Baldwin and the photographer got into what police described as a "slight shoving match."
Photographs taken by another person showed Baldwin using both hands to hold the photographer against the top of a parked car.
Neither was injured in the scuffle.
Police responded, and both sides ultimately decided not to file charges against each other. No police reports were filed.
Baldwin used Twitter last week to "announce the birth of our daughter Carmen Gabriela."
new york city, alec baldwin, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor 3 min ago
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11 57 min ago
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos