New York News
Alec Baldwin and photog get in 'scuffle' in East Village
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Actor Alec Baldwin and a photographer got into a scuffle outside his East Village apartment building but both sides decided to walk away without filing charges.
Baldwin and the photographer began shoving following an exchange of words at around 12:25 p.m. this afternoon, near the intersection of East 10th Street and University Place according to authorities.
Baldwin was with his wife Hilaria, who just gave birth to their first child last week. Baldwin allegedly felt the photographer got too close to him.
As she walked into a nearby tea store to avoid the escalating dispute, Baldwin and the photographer got into what police described as a "slight shoving match."
Photographs taken by another person showed Baldwin using both hands to hold the photographer against the top of a parked car.
Neither was injured in the scuffle.
Police responded, and both sides ultimately decided not to file charges against each other. No police reports were filed.
Baldwin used Twitter last week to "announce the birth of our daughter Carmen Gabriela."
new york city, alec baldwin, new york news
- 90-minute delays linger after LIRR service suspension 39 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody 57 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures