New York News
Alec Baldwin and photog get in 'scuffle' in East Village
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Actor Alec Baldwin and a photographer got into a scuffle outside his East Village apartment building but both sides decided to walk away without filing charges.
Baldwin and the photographer began shoving following an exchange of words at around 12:25 p.m. this afternoon, near the intersection of East 10th Street and University Place according to authorities.
Baldwin was with his wife Hilaria, who just gave birth to their first child last week. Baldwin allegedly felt the photographer got too close to him.
As she walked into a nearby tea store to avoid the escalating dispute, Baldwin and the photographer got into what police described as a "slight shoving match."
Photographs taken by another person showed Baldwin using both hands to hold the photographer against the top of a parked car.
Neither was injured in the scuffle.
Police responded, and both sides ultimately decided not to file charges against each other. No police reports were filed.
Baldwin used Twitter last week to "announce the birth of our daughter Carmen Gabriela."
new york city, alec baldwin, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97