New York News
Cops: Woman run off road, fatally stabbed by ex-boyfriend in the Bronx
NEW YORK (WABC) -- One woman was killed when she was apparently run off the road and stabbed by her ex-boyfriend, the end of a violent domestic dispute in the Bronx.
Stripped of his own bloodstained clothes, 31-year-old Dionis Espinal quietly hung his head while leaving the 45th precinct.
A different man than the violent stalker, now killer police say, who's accused of murdering his former girlfriend in a jealous rage after spotting her at a motel with someone else.
Hearing about the crime shocked Espinal's relatives.
"If they had a baby together, why she be with another man if they're still together," said Brenda Rosato, the suspect's sister.
Her stepbrother allegedly chased the pair in his green outer-borough taxi, running the SUV 20-year-old Katherine German was riding in off the ramp to the New England Thruway.
It crashed landed on its side. Police say the suspect then ran to the passenger side, knife in hand, and stabbed the mother of his infant baby girl to death.
The victim's mother says after her daughter was beaten while pregnant a few months ago, she took out a protection from abuse order against the livery driver.
Workers at his dispatch center in the Bronx say they were aware of problems after he was arrested in that incident.
"He had a suspension problem with his girlfriend," said Maria Martinez, a coworker.
It's no surprise to her family he finally got to her, all the warning signs were there.
new york city, accident, bronx, new york news, nina pineda
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor 22 min ago
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos