New York News
Brooklyn store owner murder suspect due in court
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Brooklyn man accused of shooting and killing a store owner in broad daylight is due in court Wednesday.
Meanwhile, a funeral is planned for the victim, 32-year-old Mohamed Bilal, who leaves behind a wife and 2-month-old daughter.
Police arrested 24-year-old Robert Bullock Tuesday night. A coworker says he was trying to rob the store in East New York on Monday when he panicked and opened fire on the computer repairman.
According to investigators, Bullock is the man caught on surveillance video riding his bike up to the store. He leaves it propped up against a fence, lingers around a bus stop for a few minutes, goes inside the New Attitude veriety store, exits within 30 seconds and takes off on the bike.
And if Bullock feels any remorse over the murder, he had a funny way of showing it.
"Robert, do you have anything to say?" Eyewitness News reporter Josh Einiger asked.
"[Expletive] my [expletive]," he said.
Bullock denied killing Bilal. His own mother was there to see cops cart him away.
"My son is a good guy," she said. "He's a very good guy...you all got the wrong person."
new york city, brooklyn, shooting, east new york, new york news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos