New York News
Brooklyn store owner murder suspect due in court
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Brooklyn man accused of shooting and killing a store owner in broad daylight is due in court Wednesday.
Meanwhile, a funeral is planned for the victim, 32-year-old Mohamed Bilal, who leaves behind a wife and 2-month-old daughter.
Police arrested 24-year-old Robert Bullock Tuesday night. A coworker says he was trying to rob the store in East New York on Monday when he panicked and opened fire on the computer repairman.
According to investigators, Bullock is the man caught on surveillance video riding his bike up to the store. He leaves it propped up against a fence, lingers around a bus stop for a few minutes, goes inside the New Attitude veriety store, exits within 30 seconds and takes off on the bike.
And if Bullock feels any remorse over the murder, he had a funny way of showing it.
"Robert, do you have anything to say?" Eyewitness News reporter Josh Einiger asked.
"[Expletive] my [expletive]," he said.
Bullock denied killing Bilal. His own mother was there to see cops cart him away.
"My son is a good guy," she said. "He's a very good guy...you all got the wrong person."
new york city, brooklyn, shooting, east new york, new york news
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 29 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
29 min ago