New York News
Mother sues Board of Ed, bullies, after son's suicide
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A mother's is filing a lawsuit not just against the Board of Education, but also against the children who bullied her child and their families.
Lisbeth Babilonia says finding her son's lifeless body in their home his eyes wide open haunts her every day.
12-year-old Joel Morales hanged himself last year, she says, after years of bullying.
She says the bullies chased him, choked him, and all because he was much smaller than his classmates.
So, she went to school administrators for help.
They transferred Joel from PS 102 in East Harlem to PS 57 just a few blocks away.
School officials also met with the bullies' parents but that backfired.
They went to his new school to torment him some more.
Joel's mom says she fighting for justice not only for her son but for all the victims of bullying.
new york city, bullying, bully, suicide, new york news, carolina leid
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead 51 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg 37 min ago
- Bratton to join Sharpton at rally in Harlem 8 min ago
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
51 min ago