New York News
Mother sues Board of Ed, bullies, after son's suicide
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A mother's is filing a lawsuit not just against the Board of Education, but also against the children who bullied her child and their families.
Lisbeth Babilonia says finding her son's lifeless body in their home his eyes wide open haunts her every day.
12-year-old Joel Morales hanged himself last year, she says, after years of bullying.
She says the bullies chased him, choked him, and all because he was much smaller than his classmates.
So, she went to school administrators for help.
They transferred Joel from PS 102 in East Harlem to PS 57 just a few blocks away.
School officials also met with the bullies' parents but that backfired.
They went to his new school to torment him some more.
Joel's mom says she fighting for justice not only for her son but for all the victims of bullying.
new york city, bullying, bully, suicide, new york news, carolina leid
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos