New York News
Ex-boyfriend in deadly Bronx crash, stabbing enters not guilty plea
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The man police say ran his ex-girlfriend of a highway in the Bronx and then stabbed her to death while she was trapped inside the car has plead not guilty.
Police say 31-year-old Dionis Espinal saw 20-year-old Katherine German, the mother of his 2-month-old infant daughter, leaving a motel with another man, identified as Jose Jiminez, around 4 a.m. Wednesday.
Espinal allegedly followed the Honda Pilot in his lime green outerborough taxi, rammed the SUV through a concrete barrier off Pelham Parkway and onto its side on a bike path, then ran to the vehicle and stabbed German in the neck and torso.
She was pronounced dead at the scene, and Espinal was taken into custody. A knife was recovered at the scene.
Jiminez was uninjured.
Police say German had an order of protection against Espinal following a domestic dispute assault in May, while she was pregnant.
"He hit her, he send her to the hospital," the victim's mother, Fernanda Rivera said. "They were living together, but I bring my daughter to my house after that."
Espinal reportedly had his Taxi and Limousine Commission license suspended two days after that attack.
He quietly hung his head as he was escorted from the 45th Precinct Wednesday night. He was wearing a white Tyvek suit because police had stripped him of his bloody clothes.
Espinal is charged with murder, criminal possession of a weapon and criminal contempt.
His next court date is September 3rd.
new york city, accident, bronx, new york news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
52 min ago