New York News
Tree crashes Bronx nursing home, knocks hole in side
RIVERDALE (WABC) -- A large tree fell into a nursing home in the Riverdale section of the Bronx early Thursday, knocking a hole into the side of the building.
The tree crashed into the fourth floor of the Methodist Home for Nursing and Rehabilitation on 4499 Manhattan College Parkway between 4:30 and 5 a.m.
The force of the tree knocked a 2-foot hole into the facade.
Residents of the apartment were uninjured, but several were forced to evacuate.
Other residents were permitted to stay in the building.
The Department of Buildings will determine the nursing home's structural integrity.
new york city, riverdale, bronx, new york news
- London theatre roof collapses; Dozens injured 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos