New York News
Woman killed in Bronx hit and run
MOTT HAVEN (WABC) -- Police are searching for the driver involved in a hit and run accident that killed a 24-year old woman in the Bronx early Saturday morning.
It happened at about 3 a.m. on Bruckner Boulevard under the Bruckner Expressway in the Mott Haven section.
Witnesses say a group of people were standing outside a nightclub when some began running after hearing there was someone with a gun in the area.
One of them, Abigail Lino, was struck by a car as she was running across the roadway from Bruckner Boulevard to Austin Place, and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Car parts left behind at the scene indicated that the car involved was a silver or gray Kia or Hyundai.
Lino was the mother of a 3-year old boy.
new york city, bronx, hit and run accident, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees