New York News
Woman killed in Bronx hit and run
MOTT HAVEN (WABC) -- Police are searching for the driver involved in a hit and run accident that killed a 24-year old woman in the Bronx early Saturday morning.
It happened at about 3 a.m. on Bruckner Boulevard under the Bruckner Expressway in the Mott Haven section.
Witnesses say a group of people were standing outside a nightclub when some began running after hearing there was someone with a gun in the area.
One of them, Abigail Lino, was struck by a car as she was running across the roadway from Bruckner Boulevard to Austin Place, and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Car parts left behind at the scene indicated that the car involved was a silver or gray Kia or Hyundai.
Lino was the mother of a 3-year old boy.
new york city, bronx, hit and run accident, new york news
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Suspense builds for season finale of 'Scandal'