New York News
1-year-old fatally shot in head in Brooklyn
BROWNSVILLE (WABC) -- A one-year-old boy was fatally shot in the head in Brooklyn on Sunday evening.
The shooting occurred around 7:20 at the Marcus Garvey Complex in the Brownsville section.
Eyewitness News is told that an unfinished dispute broke out, and ended with gunshots. The bullet may have been intended for the baby's father. Police report that the parents were trying to cross Livonia Avenue with their baby when someone pulled the trigger.
The boy, who was identified as Antiq Hennis, was transported to Brookdale Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival. Eyewitness News is told that Hennis was starting to talk and walk, and was starting to show such beautiful personality.
"He always played with the dog and everything else," said the victim's' aunt, Cheryl Steele.
Community activist Willie Billips drove the young parents to the hospital to perform the horrible task of identifying Antiq.
"This senseless foolishness in Brownsville has got to stop," adds Billips.
Residents have been calling community activists with leads and names, because this incident was one too many for the community to handle.
So far no arrests have been made, and the investigation is ongoing.
new york city, brooklyn, brownsville, shooting, child shot, child injured, new york news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park