New York News
Truck fire on Queensboro Bridge causes delays
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A truck caught fire on the Queensboro Bridge earlier Monday causing closures of the lower level. Crews eventually cleaned up the accident in time for the Monday holiday commute.
Firefighters accessed the fire from the Manhattan bound lower level, which was closed to traffic while they battled the blaze.
The lower level of the bridge was closed while DOT members looked at the damage. All lanes of the bridge were open as of 3 p.m.
No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire is not known.
Another truck caught fire on the same bridge and damaged a floor beam Aug. 16. And in April, the bridge was closed briefly after a truck caught fire and caused an oxygen tank in the back to explode near the Manhattan entrance.
The bridge connects Manhattan and Queens.
new york city, new york news
- South Plainfield High School lockdown lifted 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 19 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 24 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 28 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 15 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 25 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3...
15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
19 min ago