New York News
Truck fire on Queensboro Bridge causes delays
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A truck caught fire on the Queensboro Bridge earlier Monday causing closures of the lower level. Crews eventually cleaned up the accident in time for the Monday holiday commute.
Firefighters accessed the fire from the Manhattan bound lower level, which was closed to traffic while they battled the blaze.
The lower level of the bridge was closed while DOT members looked at the damage. All lanes of the bridge were open as of 3 p.m.
No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire is not known.
Another truck caught fire on the same bridge and damaged a floor beam Aug. 16. And in April, the bridge was closed briefly after a truck caught fire and caused an oxygen tank in the back to explode near the Manhattan entrance.
The bridge connects Manhattan and Queens.
new york city, new york news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos