New York News
Movie set explosion on Staten Island
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD sent out alert to residents in Staten Island about a movie production that planned an explosion for Tuesday afternoon.
A film crew simulated the explosion on at the Great Kills Swim Club, in the vicinity of Nahant Street between Corbin and Greaves avenues, between noon and 3 p.m. Tuesday.
Firefighters and police were on site to monitor the stunt.
According to a movie location website, the film is called Staten Island Summer, and it's due out next year.
new york city, staten island, new york news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen