New York News
Movie set explosion on Staten Island
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD sent out alert to residents in Staten Island about a movie production that planned an explosion for Tuesday afternoon.
A film crew simulated the explosion on at the Great Kills Swim Club, in the vicinity of Nahant Street between Corbin and Greaves avenues, between noon and 3 p.m. Tuesday.
Firefighters and police were on site to monitor the stunt.
According to a movie location website, the film is called Staten Island Summer, and it's due out next year.
new york city, staten island, new york news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- New York City issues snow alert
- Police searching for missing Rider U student 24 min ago
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Christie appointee resigns amid probe 33 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- JFK customs seize cocaine in hair care products
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books