New York News
Video shows driver making it around Manhattan in 24 minutes
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police want to know who is behind a video where the driver claims to have set the record for the fastest loop around Manhattan in just 24 minutes.
The driver had to break a few laws to accomplish it.
It took place on the FDR drive heading downtown on August 26th.
While most in Manhattan were fast asleep, the person behind the wheel of the BMW was driven to break a record do the fastest loop around the island.
With a camera strategically placed on the dash, this dare devil dangerously bobs and weaves through traffic.
This video, which on you tube is sped up, maybe fun to watch but is clearly illegal.
It's not only catching the eyes of thrill seekers but the police commissioner.
"We've seen this before, people have put these videos up. We've taken enforcement action as a result," he said. Kelly added though he wasn't aware of this particular video.
Others have done the identical loop and posted their videos online.
In 2001, someone did this same stunt in 27 minutes, in 2010, yet another driver in 26 minutes.
You can watch the video on YouTube below.
new york city, new york news
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 24 min ago
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in 1 min ago
- Police ID suspect in theft of 1-year old's earrings
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake'
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
1 min ago