New York News
Man in stun gun rape linked to 6 sex assaults in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a serial rapist who is attacking women at a park in Queens, and they're hoping a new sketch will lead to an arrest.
Authorities say the man is behind at least six sex assaults over the past two years.
The incidents all happened in Forest Park in Forest Hills, where the NYPD has set up a mobile command center. The sketch has also been posted all around the park.
Police believe the man is responsible for raping two women inside the park and attacking four others on the road just outside, Park Lane South, dating back to March of 2011.
The most recent incident happened on August 26, when a 69-year-old woman jogging in the park was attacked by a man with a stun gun. The suspect allegedly forced her to the ground and raped her.
The same thing happened to a 23-year-old woman back in March.
The other four incidents involved a man forcing his victims to the ground and trying to take off their clothes, but all the women were able to fight him off. The youngest victim was just 13 years old, attacked in September of 2011. A 34-year-old woman was jumped in August of 2012, and a 40-year-old woman was attacked three months after that.
What is especially troubling is that many of the incidents happened in broad daylight, as early as 9:15 a.m.
Police presence in the park has been heightened over the past few weeks. A $22,000 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest.
The suspect is described as a clean shaven white male in his 30s, approximately 5-foot-10, with light brown hair, last seen wearing a black T-shirt and black sweat pants.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
nyc news, queens news, forest hills, rape, sexual assault, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 55 hurt in East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Some Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion 5 min ago
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination