New York News
Cops shoot at man wielding 2 machetes in Crown Heights
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Police say a man wielding two machetes was shot Saturday night by officers responding to the scene in Crown Heights, Brooklyn.
Around 8 p.m., police received a call of a dispute involving a man armed with the knives on East 46th Street.
According to investigators, the suspect confronted the officers and started to lunge at them.
One of the officers fired twice, striking the man in the right forearm and left hip.
The suspect was taken to Kings County Hospital, where he is in stable condition.
One of the officers was hospitalized with tinnitus.
nyc news, brooklyn news, crown heights, shooting, police shooting, new york news
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon