New York News
Cops shoot at man wielding 2 machetes in Crown Heights
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Police say a man wielding two machetes was shot Saturday night by officers responding to the scene in Crown Heights, Brooklyn.
Around 8 p.m., police received a call of a dispute involving a man armed with the knives on East 46th Street.
According to investigators, the suspect confronted the officers and started to lunge at them.
One of the officers fired twice, striking the man in the right forearm and left hip.
The suspect was taken to Kings County Hospital, where he is in stable condition.
One of the officers was hospitalized with tinnitus.
nyc news, brooklyn news, crown heights, shooting, police shooting, new york news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- New York City issues snow alert
- Police searching for missing Rider U student 48 min ago
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Christie appointee resigns amid probe 57 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- JFK customs seize cocaine in hair care products
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books