New York News
Cops shoot at man wielding 2 machetes in Crown Heights
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Police say a man wielding two machetes was shot Saturday night by officers responding to the scene in Crown Heights, Brooklyn.
Around 8 p.m., police received a call of a dispute involving a man armed with the knives on East 46th Street.
According to investigators, the suspect confronted the officers and started to lunge at them.
One of the officers fired twice, striking the man in the right forearm and left hip.
The suspect was taken to Kings County Hospital, where he is in stable condition.
One of the officers was hospitalized with tinnitus.
nyc news, brooklyn news, crown heights, shooting, police shooting, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ