New York News
Cops shoot at man wielding 2 machetes in Crown Heights
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Police say a man wielding two machetes was shot Saturday night by officers responding to the scene in Crown Heights, Brooklyn.
Around 8 p.m., police received a call of a dispute involving a man armed with the knives on East 46th Street.
According to investigators, the suspect confronted the officers and started to lunge at them.
One of the officers fired twice, striking the man in the right forearm and left hip.
The suspect was taken to Kings County Hospital, where he is in stable condition.
One of the officers was hospitalized with tinnitus.
nyc news, brooklyn news, crown heights, shooting, police shooting, new york news
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 29 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014