New York News
Stubborn fire tears through duplex in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- More than 130 firefighters battled a stubborn fire at a multi-family home in Brooklyn overnight Monday.
The fire started around 1:30 a.m. at 1 Dahlgren Place, a duplex with two families living side by side, in the Bay Ridge section.
The flames broke out on the second floor and quickly spread.
At least two firefighters suffered minor injuries.
A freelance photographer who lives behind the building first pounded on neighbors' doors to alert them to leave their homes, then shot video of the fire.
The FDNY scrambled 33 units to the scene and kept the flames from spreading to other houses.
None of the residents of the homes were injured.
nyc news, bay ridge, brooklyn news, fire, new york news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway